27.2.10

meet EP DESIGNS


INTERVIEW WITH
ELENA from EP DESIGNS
……………………………………………………………………………………………………



♥ HOW DID YOU FIND OUT ABOUT THE HANDMADE SHOW?

I met Celeste Wong (the show organiser) via Twitter & we soon discovered that we lived close by to each other. This was during my EP Designs Christmas sale held from home. Celeste came along to my sale & we got to know each other. She discussed her plans for the handmade show & I put up my hand to try it out & be part of it.


♥ TELL US A LITTLE ABOUT YOUR CRAFT & THE MEDIUMS YOU LIKE TO USE:
I recreate items (new or old) into decorative home wares - anything from furniture, wall art, silverware or any item that inspires me. They’re usually given a painted finish – I mainly use acrylic paint on my work; But I also love creating anything that comes to mind – tassels, table runners, notebooks, thows, keepsake boxes, chessboards - I’ll give just about anything a go. This may include using materials such as fabric, beaded fringing, handmade paper, gold/silver gilt etc



♥ WHAT DO YOU LOVE MOST ABOUT YOUR CREATIONS?
I like to use colour, I love to paint & I love to give old things new life – but in all I love all things beautiful. Most works are one-of-a-kind, unique creations that are handmade & not massed produced. They’re different to anything I’ve seen & that makes me feel good & inspires me to keep on developing my style.


♥ WHAT INSPIRES YOU MOST?
Hmmm, this is a bit tricky because lots of things inspire me – op shops & recycling yards (this is where I find most items I recreate), browsing through antique stores, walking through homeware stores, looking at beautiful things, roses, blue skies & even sitting in a café having real coffee, something deliciously sweet & chatting about life with a friend can get me all inspired…. the smell of paint gets me going too, lol.


♥ WHAT MAKES YOU HAPPY?
Usually it’s the simple things that make me happy depending on what’s happening or what’s needed at the time - sharing time with family & close friends; making new friends; sunny days, the beach, lots of colour; being creative & creating something beautiful; going for a walk in the evening during summer; bringing a smile to a sad face.


♥ FAVOURITE WEBSITES?
i won’t start naming them because i love visiting lots of sites belonging to creative people. i especially love finding aussie creative bloggers – it’s a great way to get to know other creative aussies. if you visit my blog you’ll get to find some of them. http://epdesigns.com.au/blog

♥ WHAT CAN'T YOU LIVE WITHOUT?
Chocolate! Chocolate! Cafes, real coffee & delicious desserts! .… did I mention chocolate?




♥ WHERE CAN PEOPLE FIND YOUR CRAFTS & MORE ABOUT YOU?
My work is currently sold privately via my yearly Exhibition & Sale- invitations are sent out to people who subscribe.

Plus my soon to open Zibbet.com store will have some of my recreations listed there www.zibbet.com/TimelessTreasures

… And of course I’ll be exhibiting my work at The Handmade Show.
You can read more about me at – http://www.epdesigns.com.au/ or use the contact form if you wish to be added to the Invitations list.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi! :) thank you so much for stopping by, we would love to hear from you.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails