5.5.10

meet Christine Dehn

Interview with CHRISTINE DEHN
………………………………………………



♥ HOW DID YOU FIND ABOUT THE HANDMADE SHOW?

I WAS SURFING THE WEb, ACTUALLY LOOKING FOR NEW ART AND CRAFT VENUES. I FOUND THAT MANY ART/CRAFT MARKETS OR EVENTS HAVE EITHER DROPPED OF OR DISAPPEARED OVER THE YEARS, OR… IT’S A CASE OF NOTHING EVER CHANGES AND I WAS LOOKING FOR A CHANGE, DIFFERENT VENUE AND NEW ART AND CRAFTERS.

♥ TELL US A LITTLE ABOUT YOUR CRAFT& THE MEDIUMS YOU LIKE TO USE:
I WORK WITH A NUMBER OF MEDIUMS; I WORK WITH CLAY WHEN I’M CREATING CERAMIC WARES OR JEWELLERY. I ENJOY PAINTING AS WELL AND WORK MAINLY WITH ACRYLICS FOR BOTH CANVAS AND STREET MURALS. I GUESS WE ALL HAVE A FAVOURITE MEDIUM AND THAT FOR ME CURRENTLY IS GLASS, I DO A LITTLE JEWELLERY AND GLASS ART DESIGNS AS WELL AS CREATING GLASS BEADS….THIS IS SO ADDICTIVE!

♥ WHAT DO YOU LOVE MOST ABOUT YOUR CREATIONS?
WHETHER I’M PAINTING CERAMICS, OR MURALS OR WORKING WITH GLASS, I ENJOY OBSERVING THE COLOURS AND THE EFFECT THEY TAKE AS I’M WORKING WITH THEM…ESPECIALLY WHEN WORKING WITH GLASS OR CLAY, YOU SEE THE REAL RESULT AFTER THE FIRING….SOMETIMES THIS CAN BE BETTER THAN EXPECTED OR SOMETIMES NOT! BUT OVERALL SEEING A PIECE OF WORK TAKING SHAPE IS ALWAYS EXCITING, AND YOU USUALLY LEARN SOMETHING NEW FOR NEXT TIME TO TRY.

♥ WHAT INSPIRES YOU MOST?
ORGANIC FORM AND NATURE, YOU CAN LEARN SO MUCH WHEN YOU OBSERVE AND THE WAY IN WHICH THEY ARE AFFECTED BY THE ELEMENTS AND CHANGING OF THE SEASONS.

♥ WHAT MAKES YOU HAPPY?
HAVING MY WORK APPRECIATED, ADMIRED AND ENJOYED! IT’S A GREAT ALMOST HUMBLING FEELING WHEN YOUR WORKS ARE SOLD BECAUSE SOMEONE ‘LOVES WHAT YOU DO’.

♥ FAVORITE WEBSITES?
THERE ARE A FEW BUT CANT REMEMBER ALL OFF HAND…A COUPLE OF THEM ARE WWW.ARTSCONNECT.COM.AU AND http://www.burrinja.org.au/

♥ WHAT CAN'T YOU LIVE WITHOUT?
OH GEE! MY FAMILY FOR ONE AND QUITE POSSIBLY A CREATIVE OUTLET WHERE I CAN ‘IMAGINE THEN CREATE’



http://www.christinedehn.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi! :) thank you so much for stopping by, we would love to hear from you.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails