7.5.11

Have You Met...Ali-Kat Creations

Another of our wonderful Handmade Show stall holders is the fabulous Athena - also known as Ali-Kat Creations. Athena's jewelery features lovely, sparkly Swarovski Crystals and her pieces will certainly catch your eye.

So sit back, relax, and let us introduce you to Ali-Kat Creations :0)

1. Tell us a little about Ali-Kat Creations and the items you create? 

Ali-Kat creations creates boutique, modern, classy and affordable jewellery pieces mainly with Swarovski crystals and semi-precious gemstones.

I have recently also started a bridal range which includes Greek orthodox wedding crowns (Stefana). These are also popular as they are affordable and made from Swarovski crystals as opposed to most out there that are made from glass or plastic.
Ali-Kat creations started out using more inferior crystals and beads and found that no bead really shines quite like the Swarovski brand. The pieces are sometimes delicate, but very elegant and noticeable.

I love to use unusual colours where I can so as to differentiate my goods from others. Recently I tried using a lovely blue/green colour which just took my breath away when I saw it, and the piece was instantly a hit.

Ali-Kat creations started because I just love creating things for myself and found that every time I wore one of my pieces someone would want it and ask me where they could get them from. So I thought why not share my love of beading and jewellery with everyone.

2. Where do you find inspiration for your creations?

I generally get inspired by fashion, but more likely the beads and materials themselves. Sometimes I find a crystal or centrepiece that is so pretty that I think to myself, this is beautiful, what can I make with it?
I like to check out the industry magazines also and get inspired by some masters of jewellery making out there. Everyone is very helpful in this industry.

I have also recently started using semi-precious gemstones (black onyx, rose quartz and lapis lazuli) in my wire work pieces. If I find a stone I like, I can usually visualise what I want to make with it. So sometimes I just love the piece and really just want to do something with it.

It is therefore true that a lot of my items are really one of a kind and with the rings, I cannot make exact pieces again. This is the beauty of handmade, it means you can really create something custom made :)

3. How does the market experience contribute to your business?

 The market experience is a great way to promote your business to people you would otherwise not see or who may not know about you online. As I am a relatively new business, small and mostly an online one, then it is important for customers to see my goods in the "flesh" so that they can feel comfortable about buying online.

I often get comments that the photos we take of our goods and place online don't do justice to the detailed work we do, because you really cant see it in a photo. I have also had comments from customers that you really cant see the sparkle and shine as well on the Internet as much as what you can see it in real life.

So the market experience lets me show how wonderful these crystals, beads and stones really are.

4. Which one of your items should everyone have in their home?


Everyone loves the Ali-Kat Creations vintage polymer rose rings (see photo) or the Swarovski bead rings. This a ring that has had me come runner up in a bead supplier competition and is a hit with all my customers.
My Swarovski and semi-precious gemstone pendants are also very popular.



5. When not at The Handmade Show, where can we find you?

I have my own website that is still under construction at www.alikatcreations.com.au,
but I also can be found at: www.facebook.com/alikatcreations
where I update everyone on what is new and where I will be in terms of markets.

I am also part of the online handmade market scene and can be found at: www.madeit.com.au/alikatcreations
or
www.alikatcreations1.etsy.com



Thanks Athena for taking the time to answer our fabulous Five Questions.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi! :) thank you so much for stopping by, we would love to hear from you.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails