17.5.11

Have You Met...Studio Sylvia

We're getting closer to our next market (21 May) - so it's time to tempt you with the talents of another of our May stallholders. Todays interview is with the fantastic Sylvia of Studio Sylvia.

Enjoy :0)

1. Tell us a little about Studio Sylvia and the items you create? 
I love earrings but I couldn’t find unique earrings that were different from the usual. I don’t favour production line jewellery after on one particular occasion, I attended a function where another guest was wearing the exact style of earrings. I decided then, to make my own, after which, I would receive complements on the earrings I was wearing and be asked where I had purchased them. Hence, Studio Sylvia was born.

My daughter gave me a beautiful necklace for my birthday. My further surprise was that she had made the necklace herself. I truly thought she had purchased it. So Studio Sylvia is now a joint venture, offering unique, handmade jewellery.

We combine our own handmade components made from Precious Metal Clay fine silver, sterling silver, enamelled copper and purchased components – beads, crystals, Sterling Silver elements. For example, our bracelets combine beads and a handmade fine silver charm. We make one-off pieces and no two items are exactly the same. Customers are assured that our pieces are individually unique.

2. Where do you find inspiration for your creations?
Beautiful objects, nature’s colour schemes, Art Deco style and fashion trends all provide inspiration for design. A walk in the park, a stroll along the sand can lodge a point interest, that will evolve in a design. Inspiration also comes, when shopping for supplies, i.e. beads and chain, as items will suggest designs/ideas.












3. How does the market experience contribute to your business?
The Handmade Show provides an opportunity to bring our designs to the public in a companionable and welcoming environment. It also allows us to engage with customers, getting feedback and ideas for future designs.

4. Which one of your items should everyone have in their home?
Of course either a pair of earrings or a necklace, to complete an outfit. A staple statement piece, with neutral tones that will go with everything. Colour is great, but neutral is extremely easy and versatile.






5. When not at The Handmade Show, where can we find you?
Studio Sylvia earrings may be found at The Sorrento Fine Art Gallery and The Flinders Fine Art Gallery, and Incub8r, 321 Smith Street, Fitzroy.




Thanks Sylvia for taking the time to answer our fabulous Five Questions.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi! :) thank you so much for stopping by, we would love to hear from you.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails