14.6.11

Have You Met...Luana's Bead Jewellery

We are very excited to introduce the lovely Luana from Luana's Bead Jewellery to you.  Luana's pieces are as individual as they are beautiful and we hope you come ans see them for yourself at our June market.

1) Tell us a little bit about Luana's Bead Jewellery and the items you create.

"Luana's Bead Jewellery" has grown from a hobby which began 5yrs ago, to something I am quite addicted to. I enjoy making bracelets the most.

Whenever I buy a new special outfit, I love going into my workroom and being able to make myself a matching set of jewels.
I don't think I've wandered into a bead store without buying something.  I find the stunning glass beads, pearls and semi-precious stones hard to resist, such gorgeous colours and shapes nowadays.

I try and make pieces that are appealing to a wide range of ages and style tastes, but primarily always using quality glass beads, pearls and semi-precious stones.


2) Where do you find inspiration for your creations?

I try to keep a watchful eye on the current seasons fashion shades, by visiting department stores and clothing shops, so that I  make pieces that will compliment
your wardrobe, for work, home and beyond. Sometimes it's just a case of coming across a stunnning strand of beautiful beads that I buy first, and work out a design later.



3) How does the market experience contribute to your business?

Craft markets are the main source of business to promote my pieces, and generate sales.  Being able to view the designs in person is so much better than viewing a photo on a webpage, as you get to feel and try on the pieces and see their gorgeous colours and sparkles.
Also, I've found word of mouth from the markets to be very helpful, such as being asked to appear 'on request' at additional markets is so flattering and exciting.

4) Which one of your items should everyone have in their home?

I don't think you can go wrong with a pair of silver ball earrings, which are simple yet versatile, or a gorgeous glass pearl bracelet which you can just slip on to dress up an outfit.









5) When not at The Handmade Show, where can we find you?

Probably best fo follow my Facebook page "Luana's Bead Jewellery", as I go to a variety of markets around the south east / bayside suburbs of Melbourne.


 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Thanks Luana for taking the time to answer our Fabulous Five Questions.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi! :) thank you so much for stopping by, we would love to hear from you.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails