15.7.11

Have You Met...Artopia Glassworks


 
We are very excited to have another talented glass artist with us this Saturday.  The fabulous Gill from Artopia Glassworks will be joining us with her gorgeous contemporary glass art.  Fabulous colours, tremendous shapes - all beautiful, and in our opinion, very necessary for your home!

Enjoy our little insight into the world of Artopia Glass...

1) Tell us a little bit about Artopia Glassworks and the items you create.
Artopia Glassworks produces handmade, unique, functional and art glass pieces.  Each piece of glass is carefully cut and put together, it is then fired to fuse it and then slumped into or over a mold to shape it.

2) Where do you find inspiration for your creations?
I am inspired by the beautiful colours of the glass and the way it flows when hot.  I also do patchwork and quilting and find that although I use an entirely different medium, the process is similar - cutting, piecing, fixing together!

3) How does the market experience contribute to your business?
I love the market atmosphere, where there are so many very talented, artistic people who encourage and inspire me to achieve more.

4) Which one of your items should everyone have in their home?
I thing everyone should have a 'Splash Dish' in their home - it can be quite functional, but is unique and beautiful in its simplicity!

5) When not at The Handmade Show, where can we find you?
When I am not at The Handmade Show I am working in my studio creating more things to share with you at The Handmade Show!
 
Thanks Gill for taking the time to answer our
Fabulous Five Questions.

1 comment:

  1. I've seen these gorgeous creations at The Handmade Show & they're just beautiful! Love the colours too.

    ReplyDelete

Hi! :) thank you so much for stopping by, we would love to hear from you.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails