7.8.11

Have You Met...Ellani Babette Boutique


Outrageously gorgeous!  That's the best way to describe the gorgeous children's clothing from Elaine at Ellani Babette Boutique.  Elaine describes the clothing as 'Classic, with a twist' and all are made from her own designs.  The Handmade Show are very excited to be showcasing her wares and we look forward to seeing little couture clad children leaving the market on Saturday!

Take a little bit of time to learn some more about Elaine and Ellani Babette Boutique...

1) Tell us a little bit about Ellani Babette Boutique and the items you create. 
My shop name was derived from my christian name being Elaine, it just seemed a natural thing to do and call my business name Ellani Babette Boutique.The kids clothing I create are my own designs and I personally hand make all of them. I describe my garments as "Classics" with a twist.

I make one offs of my designs in each size,so that they remain unique and exclusive. No repeats are possible.

2) Where do you find inspiration for your creations?
I am inspired to create individual designs based on the "Classics" and give them my own tweek of individuality.I have always sewn starting at the age of 10, made my own wedding dress, have made some 60 since then mainly by word of mouth. I decided to start this hobby business after encouragement from my family, after I made creations for the grand children.

3) How does the market experience contribute to your business? 
The markets get my designs known out there. My clients seem to enjoy my clothes, so this is encouraging to keep going, as it is a little difficult being a one man band.

4) Which one of your items should everyone have in their home? 
One of my hand knitted hats either for males or females.

5) When not at The Handmade Show, where can we find you?
During the day ..... at my sewing machine or at my design table, or at night ......hand knitting at night or embroidering.

 Thanks Elaine for taking the time to answer our
Fabulous Five Questions.

1 comment:

Hi! :) thank you so much for stopping by, we would love to hear from you.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails